BMO Financial Group Finance and Administration Lead in Portland, Oregon
BMO Family Office serves ultra-high net worth individuals, families and single-family offices across North America. Part of the Bank of Montreal, our Family Office team has over 300 clients. Together, we have over one hundred multi-disciplinary professionals serving three hundred clients and managing or advising $20 billion in assets.
We bring the right people, knowledge and experience to the table to address each client’s unique wealth goals and needs. We develop wealth plans for individuals and entire families which incorporate these objectives. We manage strategy and implementation, including tax and estate strategy, investment management, fiduciary administration, liquidity planning, and lending.
The Finance & Administration Lead is a member of our Operations team. The role requires an experienced financial professional with an ownership mentality. As Lead, you will create, reconcile and report on key schedules and performance indicators including monthly revenue and closing schedules, account receivable, and aging. In addition, you will be the lead for our asset based, retainer, and time and material client billing and invoicing. You will also lead our accounts payable process, ensuring accurate coding, processing, and follow up with vendors and BMO’s payables team.
The Finance & Administration Lead coordinate the activities of administrative team members to support both the finance and administrative functions. As Lead for Portland office administration, you will ensure the smooth operation of the office, including coordinating activities of the administrative team to support our professionals with meetings, events, client meetings, presentations, and committees. Serving as the primary geographic liaison for facility, landlord, security, HR, local vendor, and business continuity.
This Lead role requires strong finance and accounting background, a leader/player mindset, a team orientation, and exceptional communication skills.
Accounting and Monthly Closing
• Prepare all Family Office closing schedules for monthly enterprise closing process, including accrued and deferred revenue schedules, cash reports, billable, billed, and unbilled time, write downs, AR reconciliation and aging, and invoicing.
• Serve as Lead with corporate finance and accounting team to ensure timely and accurate information and schedules, respond to questions and drive process improvements to ensure accurate and timely managerial information and insights.
• Ensure accurate and timely submission of billable hours for reporting and billing. Prepare and process timekeeper records, billable time, unbilled and billed time, write-down, and write-off schedules and reports.
Client Billing and Accounts Receivable
• Maintain and monitor time and material, retainer, and asset-based fee records, schedules and reports to ensure accurate and timely billing and collection.
• Lead the client billing process, including creating, reconciling, coordinating approvals and delivering client invoices
• Respond to invoice questions and proactively resolve issues
• Develop and monitor AP, including balances, aging, and coordinating with lead relationship managers to collection.
• Record checks, wires, direct debit, ACH and other payments in the accounting system
• Prepare managerial reports, performance metrics, insights and recommendations to management.
• Lead and coordinate the overall AP process including, receiving, reviewing, reconciling, coding and workflow of invoice and payment by BMO’s payment team.
• Monitor invoices. Identify and follow up items and resolve invoice or payment issues.
• Respond to vendor invoice and payment inquiries
• Maintain client billable expense records for invoicing.
• Provide support in the planning, purchase, implementation, utilization and maintenance of office facilities, equipment, systems and space.
• Serve as supplier relationship manager for designated vendors. Maintain designated vendors in supplier management system.
• Serve as primary contact for Portland office security, landlord, building management, corporate real estate, incident response, and employee access.
• Serve as HR liaison for people managers.
• Plan and coordinate the implementation of local events such as United Way, holiday parties, employee volunteer day, leadership on-sites, and other intra or inter-office events.
• Assist with the development, maintenance and testing of local business continuity plans.
• Work closely with all members of the administration and operations team to ensure seamless support, back up and coverage for Family Office practices, departments and clients.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
• Undergraduate degree required. Accounting, finance, or business degree preferred.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in accounting, finance or related field.
• Knowledge of GAPP, accounting practices, and managerial reporting required. CPA a plus.
• MS Office and MS Excel expertise required. Experience with accounting, billing, and timekeeping systems preferred.
• Ability to effectively translate data into information, insight and actionable recommendations.
• Ability to communicate and work effectively with leaders, advisors, and team members.
• Ability to own areas of responsibility and provide leadership and coordination with other members of the team.
• Ability to contribute both individually and as a member of multi-disciplinary teams.
We’re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmoharris.com
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO Harris Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO Harris Bank, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO Harris Bank property. BMO Harris Bank will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.