BMO Financial Group Vice President, Global Markets Engineering & Electronic Trading in New York, New York
Global Markets Engineering collaborates directly with Sales, Trading and Technology colleagues to build and improve sales and trading capabilities and to streamline and automate trading processes.
This specific role is to extend trading and analytics capabilities for the equity Delta One and Structured Products businesses.
· In conjunction with colleagues from Sales, Trading and GME, identify opportunities to improve trading processes and analytics;
· Communicate directly with stakeholders to understand requirements;
· Participate in strategic architectural and design decisions;
· Application Development of trading systems and analytical tools in an agile/rapid release environment including backend services, interfaces to upstream and downstream systems, and user interfaces;
· Approximately 20% of time will be spent in analytics and support of deployed applications.
· A post-secondary degree in a technical or quantitative field or an equivalent combination of education and work experience;
· At least 3 years of experience in software development, ideally in trading technology;
· Strong software development skills including C++, C# and Python;
· Experience with DevOps tools and processes; databases, trading protocols and analytics is preferred;
· Familiarity with equities and/or equity derivatives trading is helpful;
· Strong communication skills including an ability work worth with a range of colleagues from technical professionals to sales and trading to senior management.
· Additional Job Description
An opportunity to join a team that develops analytical and technical solutions for global trading strategies.
Estimated Total Compensation: $250,000 USD
We’re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmoharris.com
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO Harris Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO Harris Bank, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO Harris Bank property. BMO Harris Bank will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.