BMO Financial Group Sr Java Developer - Banking Technology in New York, New York
Understands that the success of a developer is to understand the core business processes of the business unit and business requirements as well as the architecture patterns and technology strategy (e.g., Transformation, SmartCore, DevOps). Conceive and write detailed software implementations/code while ensuring that their code/configurations adhere to the security, logging, error handling, and performance standards and non-functional requirements. Writes, configures, and integrates code to create the software that aligns with architecture patterns and technology strategy. Understands the implications of various components (including technology strategy & architecture) to the overall design of a program, system, or eco-system. Evaluates new technologies for fit with the program/system/eco-system and the associated upstream and downstream impacts on process, data, risk (e.g., security). Works toward the objective of defect free software. Ensures that systems functionally meet requirements, align with architecture and promote the development of common assets. Supports the resolution of production issues and problems. Makes recommendations to improve BMO processes & systems.
Develop and implement micro services that are scalable and easy to maintain while following Agile methodologies, to achieve timely and quality deliverables.
• Effectively manage work slate and development environment with focus on Agile methodology, DevOps and overall timely / quality deliveries.
• Decomposes business requirements and translates them into detailed design specifications and code.
• Interacts with key business & technology stakeholders to define, analyze, and deliver requirements that reflect the needs of both the business and end-customers
• Handle and manage multiple technology work-streams in parallel to deliver to the book of work
• Participate in technical design, solution design, and code reviews
• Successfully completes all project phases (initiation, planning, execution, control, closure)
• Integrate with emerging technologies to identify best of breed solutions and implement various POCs to assess integration into other projects
• Designs solutions, writes code, performs unit testing, develops appropriate artefacts / documentation, and facilitates final delivery.
• Devises new algorithms and data structures for target environment and platform attributes in alignment with architectural patterns.
• Builds solutions that are supportable, scalable and achieve our aspiration of common assets.
• Recommends or automates approaches to streamline and integrate technological processes and/or systems to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
• Provide strategic technology direction to meet or exceed required levels of functionality and to ensure compliance with risk management, security, and audit requirements.
• Understands and converts user requirements into high quality functional solutions, with involvement in the full lifecycle of the project
• Supports L3 production issues, includes independently completing root-cause analysis and diagnosis
• Communicate effectively with developers, system analysts and other IT stakeholders.
• Collaborates with stakeholders to understand and unite business goals and user goals.
• Ensure quality through adherence to technical best practice, feedback and paired programming
• Collaborate and build relationships with other domain architects, development teams, partners, and internal business stakeholders.
• 7+ years of prior experience in technology development in capital markets
• 7+ years of experience in Relational Database development in SQL Server, Oracle, DB2 or equivalent
• 5+ years of prior experience in direct interactions with users and application stakeholders in Financial Services
• 5+ years of experience in integrating with high speed messaging systems like Solace, Kafka
• Proven capabilities in effective management of tasks, multi-tasking, delivery focus and hard working
• Ability to meet application needs without sacrificing deadlines and quality
• Ability to collaborate and work effectively within a global team
• Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent degree.
• BI Analytic Tools experience a strong plus
• Experience with Kafka, Solace, AWS a huge plus
• Experience with Shell scripting, Python and Machine learning technologies a strong plus
• Cross Capital Markets and/or Investment Banking experience is a strong plus.
We’re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmoharris.com
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO Harris Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO Harris Bank, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO Harris Bank property. BMO Harris Bank will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.