BMO Financial Group Network Deploy Project Manager in Naperville, Illinois
This is a full time, permanent role working remotely for BMO, however the candidate needs to occasionally attend onsite meetings.
A Network Release Manager (RM) is a specialist, recognized expert for Network Operations (NetOps), part of the larger organization - Engineering & Technology Operations (ETO) team in the U.S. and International locations providing bank standard Solution Delivery project release planning, tracking, coordination and facilitation, consulting, and cost management in the delivery of networking technology changes for BMOFG.
The Release Manager (RM) determines business and operational project requirements of a complex nature (in addition to what’s been provided in Project Assessment and/or High Level Requirements Documents), provides recommendations and direction on technology opportunities including/through: feasibility options and functionality analysis.
The RM leads the NetOps team in cost effective superior quality technology framework designs highlighting strategic direction, security governance, disaster recovery, and business continuity. The RM provides leadership and guidance to other NetOps staff members in understanding client’s business, business drivers, and technology priorities.
The RM will provide project support to other COEs and project release coordination from a Network Solution Delivery perspective.
Overview: Manage & Coordinate the release of changes into production through a standard procedures designed to minimize risk to existing services.
· Create release plans/trackers/schedules; and coordinate contents of the release package
· Create roll-back and recovery plans
· Create release packages and prepare for deployment
· Evaluate and communicate any expected impact to service levels due to release
· Manage, Facilitate, and Coordinate promotion/release into production
· Communicate release progress through success (or reasons for rollback)
· Evaluate release management performance based on established criteria (e.g., elapsed time, level of automation, percentage of successful on-time releases, etc.)
· Manage and Coordinate ‘go/no-go’ release decision making
· Facilitate, request to raise, and record change requests from deployment for migrations, upgrades, refreshes after business hours, and within acceptable change windows;
· Submit standard intake for PMO/PM, Info Sec., partners; and/or additional resources when appropriate.
· Manage/Coordinate other Network team members and/or 3rd party vendors for releases
· Manage/Coordinate to the Project Assessment, network design, timelines, budget, quote execution, change management, and change order requests
· Participation in the development of Project Plan in respect to Network solution delivery (with PMO/PM when appropriate)
· Network team work effort forecasting; review, understand, and submit engineer project quotes through purchase ordering process; and track overall financials budget to actual through the project life cycle
The Release Manager will document all action items and resources responsible (US/INTL Deploy, Firewall Management & Deployment, Engineering, Hostmaster, Carriers, Partners, etc.); manage network trackers, test checklists, calendar invites, and meetings so all participants are on the same page with clearly defined expectations, and available at the time of the coordinated change window, includes line of business testing. Note: this is for Network Only changes (aka Passthrough) – otherwise RM supports the changes coordinated by PMO (Tech PM) programs (large scale projects).
Release Managers will interact with the bank lines of business, SME, COEs, LOBs, PMO, vendors, carriers, and internal network team for all assigned projects in order to meet objectives. Work hours will vary.
Most changes in the bank environment are performed during specified change windows at night and over the weekend.
PLEASE NOTE: “On call 24x7 coverage” for most teams required (or possibly required) for changes (Hostmaster, Engineering, Firewall Deployment, Network Automation / Tools, Bell, AT&T, etc.) and LOB communication for awareness or for testing CAN NOT be ad hoc requests or day/night of the scheduled change. They must know in advance and accepted. The Release Manager must coordinate all resources in advance if the project requires them on the conference bridge during the change window, or in most cases available “on call” for any urgent matters discovered during the change window - to eliminate to our best ability, any surprises -- is part of our Release Managed Solution Delivery Mandate.
· University degree/college diploma or equivalent
· Key products and services, processes and controls for the designated business
· 7-10 years of demonstrated Network Release Project Management experience delivering fault tolerant data and voice network infrastructure solutions – Hardware, Software, Services, and Support.
· Project Management Professional Certification is desired (but not required).
· Superior verbal and written communication skills are required.
Release Managers must possess the ability to work independently, be highly organized, team-oriented, project prioritization a must; assigning and tracking tasks to resources, creating release packages, facilitate team meetings, identify “at-risk” items - mitigating risk prior to release, updating projects status, key milestones, drive target timelines, line of business testing advanced communication and coordination pre and post change, go live support & transition, financial budget versus actual on all funded projects; and effectively direct to lead others and ensure that significant design issues and compliance challenges are resolved by engineering, deploy, SMEs, Vendor/Partners in a timely manner.
Working Knowledge, Skills, Experience – an understanding of the following is required:
Cisco routers, Cisco switches, and Juniper Firewalls;
Upgrading code and/or configuring 2960, 3650, 3750, 3800, 3900, 6500 or similar model switches.
Upgrading code and/or configuring 1800, 2800, 3800, and ASR1000, ASR1002 or similar model routers.
Upgrading Junos OS code and/or configuring SRX 300, 650, 1400 or current models
Knowledge familiarity with BGP, OSPF, RIP, EIGRP, L3-7 switching, HSRP, VoIP and Multicast Carrier / Telco WAN technologies / MPLS, VPN, Point-to-Point, SONET, OC3, DS3, T1, PRI, POTS (experience is required)
Understanding of Network Tools (SPACE, STRM, Tufin, Lotus Notes (WorkTrack), NOI, Splunk, ServiceNow, etc.) and ITIL standards as they relate to incident/problem/change management concepts are desired.
Weekly timesheet/progress reports, project portfolio updates, and timely escalations on project obstacles to management
Must have good working knowledge of Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint), Microsoft Project, Visio, Outlook, SharePoint, Office 365, Skype for Business, and Network Tools.
We’re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmoharris.com
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO Harris Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO Harris Bank, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO Harris Bank property. BMO Harris Bank will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.