BMO Financial Group Senior Manager, Collections Strategy and Analytics in Chicago, Illinois
120 S LaSalle Street
Job Family Group:
Data Analytics & Reporting
This role requires strong data and analytical capabilities to develop new analytics insight supporting a 500+ FTE operations center. The analyst will assist in the development of new collection and recovery strategies such as call center and digital campaigns for high risk customers, next best offer prioritization for collections offers and deals, outsourcing and legal campaigns on defaulting accounts, and debt sale break-even analysis using decision trees, logistic scorecards, and NPV modelling. They will also support through interpretation of monthly performance results across collections portfolios including shifts in customer risk profile as well as strategy performance.
New strategy development including data-driven analytics, test design, and rollout plan
· Lead in development of segmentation and advanced analytics to drive different treatments and strategies and well as sourcing and management of data sets to support strategy and segmentation function.
· Lead the design, development, and implementation of analytic solutions. Supports development and execution of strategic analytics & reporting initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders and stakeholder needs.
· Conduct various pre-implementation and post-implementation analyses to estimate/measure business impact caused by model adoption (e.g., revenue increase, cost reduction, corporate brand image).
· Drive profitability assessment of Collection and recovery strategies through risk / return analysis using financial modelling.
· Review strategy changes from conceptual design to analytical sizing to test design to stakeholder buy-in to implementation to interpretation of results
· Makes recommendations to senior leaders on strategy and new initiatives, based on an in-depth understanding of the business/group. Provides strategic input into business decisions as a trusted advisor
· Monitors and tracks tool performance, user acceptance testing, and addresses any issues.
· Documents and maintain operational procedures and processes relating to analytical and reporting processes.
Business Performance Management
Management of existing strategies including monitoring / measurement and communication to key stakeholders
· Manages resources and leads the execution of strategic initiatives to deliver on business and financial goals. Manages people and leads a team capable of delivering the desired business results.
· Manage continuously measure of tests’ impact through implementation of dedicated reporting and ad hoc analysis. As required, amend / refine strategies through a defined change management process.
· Monitor operations execution to ensure that strategies are executed as designed. Assist operations in the execution of strategy through standardized and ad hoc analysis including capacity planning, AHT analysis, etc.
· Validates and tests models used in analytics and reporting to assess/address performance and compliance.
· Manage monthly performance views across portfolios including operational execution, strategy performance, and changes to risk profile.
· Leads the design and production of regular/ad-hoc analytics and reporting solutions and cyclical programs; assesses and adapts as needed to ensure quality of execution.
· Integrates information from multiple sources to enable more efficient processes, enhanced analysis and/or streamlined reporting.
· Monitor profile and portfolio changes across countries, products, and delinquency levels. Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
· Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a specialist resource to senior leaders and stakeholders. Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
· Ensures alignment between stakeholders about business needs and data needs.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Finance, or other quantitative fields. Master’s Degree preferred
· 5-7 years of experience in analytics (ideally scorecard development / monitoring, Credit Risk, Marketing Analytics or Collection Strategy)
· Knowledge of consumer credit products
· Knowledge of applicable regulatory and Bank policies and procedures related to consumer lending
· Experience in model validation or model governance best practices or industry standard
· Strong data mining skills in SAS Enterprise Guide and Enterprise Miner, or in other programming software such as R and Python
· Ability to access complex data sources, manipulate data and execute code/queries to provide high quality analysis
· Critical thinking skills
· Creativity and innovative leadership skills
· Analytical and problem-solving skills, with ability to identify and leverage untapped potential for use in process improvements
· Business process analysis skills
· Leadership, relationship management, consulting, networking and influencing skills
· Presentation and communication skills
· Strong ability to translate abstract/ theory into concrete communications
We’re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmoharris.com.
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
BMO Financial Group Serving customers for 200 years and counting, BMO is a highly diversified financial services provider – the 8th largest bank, by assets, in North America. With total assets of $728 billion as of October 31, 2018, and a team of diverse and highly engaged employees, BMO provides a broad range of personal and commercial banking, wealth management and investment banking products and services to more than 12 million customers and conducts business through three operating groups: Personal and Commercial Banking, BMO Wealth Management and BMO Capital Markets.We serve Canadian clients through BMO Bank of Montreal®, our personal and commercial banking business, BMO Nesbitt Burns®*, one of Canada's leading wealth management firms, and BMO Capital Markets™, our North American investment and corporate banking division.In the United States, clients are served through BMO Harris Bank, a major U.S. Midwest personal and commercial bank, and BMO Private Bank, with wealth management offices across the United States, as well as BMO Capital Markets™, our North American investment and corporate banking division.We help our customers make money make sense by delivering the broadest range of financial services through a single point of contact. Our financial service professionals provide access to any services our customers require across the entire enterprise.