BMO Financial Group Senior Digital Marketing Manager, US Personal & Business Banking in Chicago, Illinois
111 W Monroe - 115 S LaSalle
Job Family Group:
The Senior Marketing Manager will be accountable for leading the strategic & tactical planning/ development of digital acquisition for Deposits (Checking, Savings), Lending, and Small Business.
As a line of business digital lead, the role will champion paid digital programs end-to-end from inception through launch and develop over-arching strategy across all digital channels to meet the acquisition goals with a holistic view on the customer. Bringing tactical plans to life, ability to evaluate data & optimize towards performance is essential to succeed as we continuously drive innovation through test & learn.
Reporting to the Director, Head of US Performance Digital & NA Innovation, the successful candidate will work closely with the rest of digital marketing team, product marketing teams and cross-functional teams (SEO, Digital Channels Marketing - bmoharris.com, Digital Sales Personalization, Creative Services), as well as external partners to manage all aspects of the digital activities and apply industry best practices.
Knowledge: • Post-Secondary Degree in Marketing/Business• Solid understanding of digital channels and digital success metrics
• Expert knowledge in media planning, buying, execution, and optimization
• Post-Secondary Degree in Marketing/Business
• 6-8 years in digital marketing across search/social/display
• 3-4 years experience in SEM/PPC
• 3-4 years experience in display & RTB/Programmatic
• 2-3 year experience in social channel
• Hands-on experience with Google Marketing Platform –Campaign Manager, DV360, SA360, GA360
• Hands-on experience with self-serve advertising platforms – Adwords, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
• Experience working with digital analytics – Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics
• Experience working with marketing tech solutions – DMP, SFMC, attribution modelling tools• Ability to report/evaluate the media performance results and drive insights for the business
• Experience evaluating digital creative copy/design and campaign landing pages
• Financial Services environment and/or performance/acquisition driven campaign an asset• Experience working in an Advertising Agency/managing an Agency preferred
• Proactive team player
• Analytical/data-driven thinking and problem solving skills
• Interpersonal, relationship management skills to navigate matrix environment
• Strong business acumen. Relate to the overall business result and translate into digital channel activity.
• Integrated marketing communication and planning skills
• Attention to detail and passion for quality
• Time management skills and ability to balance multiple projects/deadlines
• Strong oral, written communication skills to influence stakeholders and align on unifying direction
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel
20% A. Planning Support • Build holistic annual/monthly target forecast & tactical priorities for all channels (Display/programmatic, Search, Social, Affiliates) in alignment with the business goals.
• Lead the development, implementation, review and revision of fiscal year work plan.
• Review progress to plans. Develop and communicate actions necessary to correct internal and external issues, followed by active participation in the implementation of the actions. Escalate significant issues as necessary. 20% B. Marketing & Digital Insight • Understand the digital experience and how it applies to each product portfolio from all business aspects, including competitive position, market position, customer journey and channel requirements to inform positioning and enhancing the digital experience on external positioning and communication requirements.• Leverage external publications, trade publications and other sources of information to be informed about marketing in general and for digital marketing environment.• Stay abreast of innovative marketing and digital approaches related to external and internal communication, and continually push the envelope to ensure BMO employs and leverages all opportunities to present our message and offer in the most compelling and engaging way.• Document and understand the US marketplace, including impacts of the new players entering the market.
• Using market knowledge, customer information, and analytics tools, assess customer needs and make recommendations for how to improve overall business results.• Measure and analyze the effectiveness and impact of project communication deliverables, identifying opportunities for improvements and leverage the knowledge in development of future project communications deliverables.
• Evaluate executed programs holistically across all aspects (channels, message, offer, competition, etc.) and drive shareable insights. 40% C. Coordination of Campaign Development • Provide digital support for campaigns including budgeting, target setting, and messaging as part of integrated campaigns developed for the product portfolio. Consider strategy relevance through research of competitive spend and awareness levels. Recommend changes as required.• Manage the execution of digital marketing campaigns for all channels - SEM, Social, Display, Affiliates.
• Maintain all channels according to the industry standards and best practices.
• Develop DMP/marketing tech integration roadmap and execute through cross-channel/team collaboration.• Lead and coordinate the execution of communications, including the following key activities:
Clear understanding of business objectives and target
Timeline & budget management
Asset list development with specs requirements
Appropriate internal and external approvals
Alignment with overall brand guideline in compliant with legal/disclosure requirements
10% D. Relationship Management • Build and maintain effective relationships with internal partners and external partners. Influence these partners in order to build the brand, enhance communication programs and take advantage of synergies.• Represent the digital experience in any discussions regarding digital marketing requirements in partnership with Corporate Marketing and in accordance with established policies and procedures. 10% E. Risk Management and Control • Monitor marketing communications to ensure adherence to standards of third party brands and compliance with legal, privacy, legislative and association regulations.• Provide budget information to the line of business leads to facilitate an overall view of marketing spend.• Ensure all required authorizations and approvals are obtained for the execution of promotional advertising campaigns.
We’re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmoharris.com.
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
BMO Financial Group Serving customers for 200 years and counting, BMO is a highly diversified financial services provider – the 8th largest bank, by assets, in North America. With total assets of $728 billion as of October 31, 2018, and a team of diverse and highly engaged employees, BMO provides a broad range of personal and commercial banking, wealth management and investment banking products and services to more than 12 million customers and conducts business through three operating groups: Personal and Commercial Banking, BMO Wealth Management and BMO Capital Markets.We serve Canadian clients through BMO Bank of Montreal®, our personal and commercial banking business, BMO Nesbitt Burns®*, one of Canada's leading wealth management firms, and BMO Capital Markets™, our North American investment and corporate banking division.In the United States, clients are served through BMO Harris Bank, a major U.S. Midwest personal and commercial bank, and BMO Private Bank, with wealth management offices across the United States, as well as BMO Capital Markets™, our North American investment and corporate banking division.We help our customers make money make sense by delivering the broadest range of financial services through a single point of contact. Our financial service professionals provide access to any services our customers require across the entire enterprise.