BMO Financial Group Product Manager - Institutional Chicago in Chicago, Illinois
The Institutional Product Manager is accountable for defining, prioritizing and executing the product positioning for all BMO Global Asset Management strategies with the purpose of maximizing distribution opportunities and firm profitability. This position will have exposure to sales and investment professionals and the opportunity to interact with business leaders and teams across the firm.
20% Product Management Strategy:
- Gather, monitor, anticipate and assess market, industry, competitor and client trends to drive product strategy and identify opportunities for product innovation
- Assist in the development of strategic and analytical reports and models
60% Product Management Execution
- Drive product positioning, new product testing and training to help ensure compelling points of differentiation are identified and communicated for existing products and designed into new product offerings
- Conduct primary, secondary research and competitive analyses on product performance, effective positioning, pricing, etc.
- Perform analyses to drive insights and inform recommendations
- Synthesize research and analyses to develop concise and effective presentations
20% Product Management Collaboration
- Collaborate with internal partners including Product Development, Investment, Distribution, Finance and Marketing teams to help inform and prioritize product positioning and delivery of materials
Knowledge and Skills:
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably Finance/Economics with strong academic credentials
Progress towards or interest in pursuing the CFA designation a plus
5-10 years of experience, with at least 3 years of experience in the asset management industry
Knowledge of investment consulting and institutional sales strongly preferred
Well-developed analytic, problem-solving and quantitative skill, with exceptional attention to detail
Strong leadership potential, with excellent collaboration abilities
Self-starter with urgency, personal responsibility and accountability
Results-orientation with an ability to execute and complete deliverables in a timely manner
Excellent communication and presentation skills, ability to interact with all levels of the organization
Proficiency with PowerPoint and Excel required; Morningstar Direct, Simfund, eVestment and FactSet preferred
We’re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the center of everything we do
- helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our
customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working
together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re
changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more
ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself
and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones,
as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and
network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmoharriscareers.com.
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from
each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank
N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color,
religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by
law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection
process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.