BMO Financial Group Compliance Officer, Registrations in Chicago, Illinois
· Assists in the implementation, maintenance, and administration of a specific compliance programs within Global Markets, I&CB, and necessary registrations across all U.S. groups.
· Works with business/group and internal partners to ensure regulatory, corporate and fiduciary obligations are met. Advises business/group on implications of new regulatory developments or internal products to draft and implement new/revised policies and programs to address such changes.
· Accesses, monitors, and reports on sensitive Bank, customer, transactional, and employee information to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
· Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
· Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may include unique situations.
· Operates effectively within a high stress environment with constantly changing expectations and regulatory and audit scrutiny.
· Able to manage competing work priorities and competing deadlines.
· Develops and maintains compliance information for analysis and reporting. Achieves compliance goals by maintaining current knowledge of regulatory requirements and developments.
· Maintains functional and regulatory expertise specific to business group and refers to Compliance policies and procedures for requirements. Contributes to business/group results by providing oversight and making recommendations that significantly impact the Bank’s ability to monitor regulatory compliance programs, minimize operational risk, and align with regulatory agencies.
· Provides advice and guidance to assigned business/group on implementation of solutions to manage regulatory risk based on an understanding of business operations and stakeholder needs as well as necessary registrations for all registered employees.
· Builds effective professional relationships with business line, other internal/external stakeholders and regulators on the initial stages of investigations.
· Elevates high profile issues/risk cases to Compliance and business/group management for prompt resolution.
· Analyses and reports compliance information to Compliance and business/group management.
· Develops and maintains a high level of expertise in all relevant regulations, directives, and guidance which apply to the group(s) supported.
· Provides input to business/group on emerging risks, regulatory developments, and interpretation of regulations.
· Analyzes and reports compliance information to Compliance and business/group management.
· Advises first line of defense management and employees on compliance matters.
· Consults on new products, services and automated systems to assist with incorporating compliance requirements into these initiatives.
· Ascertains training needs and helps develop training based on gaps identified through the compliance monitoring and testing.
· Identifies enhancements to business group compliance tools and processes and communicates to required stakeholders.
· Assists business group management in communicating and implementing changes to applicable regulatory policies and procedures.
· Anticipates, identifies, and analyses risk and consequences of unaddressed risk factors/compliance gaps and recommends appropriate remediations.
· Builds effective professional relationships with business/groups.
· Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
· Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
o Typically, between 3-5 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
o Recognized compliance certificate or equivalent preferred. Proficient knowledge of registration related regulations such as FINRA, SEC, CFTC rules and regulations.
o Proficient level of knowledge of a compliance field.
o Proficient in communication, critical thinking, relationship management, organization and project management skills.
o Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
o Verbal and written communication skills - In-depth.
o Rule analysis and drafting skills – In depth
o Microsoft Excel and Word skills- In depth,
o Collaboration and team skills - In-depth.
o Analytical and problem-solving skills - In-depth.
o Influence skills - In-depth.
o Data driven decision making - In-depth.
We’re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmoharris.com
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO Harris Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO Harris Bank, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO Harris Bank property. BMO Harris Bank will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.