BMO Financial Group Business Consultant - (Commercial Banking / Technology) in Chicago, Illinois
We are seeking enthusiastic, passionate business professionals for Business Consultant positions with extensive experience and focus on digitization. BMO’s digitization strategy is focused on innovation to meet the rapidly evolving needs of our customers. BMO’s Commercial and Corporate Banking Technology team is leading the way at a Bank where our Purpose is Growing the Good and Being Bold. We demonstrate those values every day. Be part of the action – where we have challenging discussions about how to align those customer requirements to the right technology solutions and services.
Working in a close-knit technical team, the role will:
· Provide management consulting services and technology/industry expertise in support of business and enterprise needs
· Provides thought leadership in the development of new ideas and process improvement opportunities using emerging technology
· Partner with stakeholders to understand problems and opportunities, to facilitate the organization’s goals by understanding business vision, objectives, and key performance indicators
· Align technology requirements and solutions to a real business need, meets essential quality standards, and ensures approval by all relevant stakeholders
· Consult with business partners in collaboration with the project team in strategy and planning sessions (e.g. multi-year and annual plans, reviews, or inspections to ensure the quality of work products
· Promote new processes and methodologies, emerging technologies, and agile, and aligns to the unique project team requirements
Required Core Skills:
· Minimum of 5 - 7 years of demonstrated hands-on experience in documenting technical requirements and supporting testing of technical requirements, as required Working domain knowledge and expertise in Banking, experience in Commercial and Corporate Banking preferred. In-depth knowledge of client journey and lifecycle.
· Examples of experience preferred include Front line Relationship manager, Portfolio manager, Mid or Back office experience, Product manager etc.
· Possess a deep understanding and problem-solving ability of various complexities
· Able to manage ambiguity
· Familiar with software development practice, concepts/methodologies (e.g., waterfall, Agile, iterative) and technologies obtained through formal training and/or work experience
· Understanding of industry standards and standard business capabilities
· Knowledge of business analysis, project delivery practices and standards across the project lifecycle
· Familiar with business strategy and assessments (i.e. feasibility studies, business cases and/or cost/benefit, project sizing and costing, and current state analysis/needs assessments)
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills to be able to efftively articulate to both business stakeholders and technology partners
· A critical thinker with strong research and analytics skills
· Self-motivated with a positive attitude and an ability to work independently and/or in a team
· Able to work under tight timelines and deliver on complex problems
· Business Analysis Accreditation is an asset
· Demonstrated hands-on experience in management/business consulting is an asset
We’re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmoharris.com
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO Harris Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO Harris Bank, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO Harris Bank property. BMO Harris Bank will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.